8/1/07

Sixteen Candles



So many major life events, so little time to blog. But last Thursday, July 26, Katie turned sixteen. Yes, the Disney princess cake pictured here was her choice, and upon arrival, each of her friends was presented with a crown to wear for the evening. And the presents included things like a magic wand/light-up crown set and Disney princess balloons. So in tribute to my sixteen-year-old, here are ten things I love about Katie.

1. Her red hair: Wherever I would take Katie when she was little, inevitably someone would ask, "Where did you get your red hair?" And then there would be the silly jokes about the mailman. So when the checkout lady at Meijer asked the two-year-old Katie where she got her red hair, she was pretty surprised by the toddler's quick answer: "from God." Of course--why didn't I think of that sooner? Accurate and to the point.

2. Her freckles

3. Her willingness to accompany me to various movies, concerts, and events through the years since I didn't have a grown-up to go with. I don't think she minded most of the time.

4. Her quirky, but often hilarious, sense of humor

5. This one should be up higher, probably, but her genuine faith in God and her desire to live a life of obedience to Him

6. Her awesome French accent: She has taken French at school for the last two years, and while the written aspect of the language has been a challenge for her, she does have a killer accent

7. Her writing ability

8. Her giggle

9. Her strange, but interesting, sense of style

10. Her love for drama, music, and the arts: Where did that come from?

Happy Birthday, Katie! I can see the fingerprints of God when I look at you!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Happy Birthday late, Katie! Sounds like you had a great celebration!