10/16/08

Just a Nice Story

If you're at all like me (and some of you may be--just a little), you're tired of campaign '08 news. You've probably read enough stories about the failed economy, caused by the Republicans/Democrats/George Bush/global warming/Britney Spears/__________ (fill in the blank). Maybe you're sick of the shallowness of a culture that evaluates nearly everything on the surface, and if you hear the word "poll" one more time, you just might scream.

This is your lucky moment. If you just want to smile and feel good for a few minutes (I've actually smiled several times today as I've thought about this story), then read this story about Kristin Pass, a special homecoming queen in Dallas, Texas. Trust me--while I'm not normally a fan of the whole homecoming queen scene, this is good. I guarantee that you will smile, and some of you might just want to have a tissue handy to wipe away the happy tears. Thank you to Tim Challies at Challies dot com for linking to this story on his blog. It made my day!

2 comments:

The VW's said...

Thanks for sharing! This has made my day too! :) I love stories like this!

And, as for all the campaign news that we are surrounded by.....I am so ready for Nov 4 to just be here and over with! The crazy thing though is that I can't stop watching all of it either! I'm driving myself insane! So, thanks for the smile and uplifting news!

Annette Gysen said...

I couldn't help but think of you when I read it, Alicia. And I hear you about the campaign news. I tell myself that I'm not going to pay attention anymore because I know who I'm voting for . . . and then I can't help myself!