7/9/09

A Year in the Life . . .



This was us, a year ago on Saturday. While the year has blissfully flown by, it feels like I've been married to my dear Henry forever--in a good way, in the way that you can't really remember what life was like before. What a happy day--the day I became Mrs. Gysen. Happy first anniversary to us!

Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned. ~Song of Songs 8:6

There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage. ~Martin Luther

Come, let's be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with. ~Charles Dickens

[W]hen you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally

Love, how did I find you?
Was I even breathing before I knew your name?
Who could ever have planned this?
Arranged a whole planet to all turn out this way.
Hey, only Heaven knows
The dreams behind these things I'm asking
Even our angels look surprised
To bump their wings in passing
I love you
How can I say,
I love you
Let the words escape
Though you snuck up behind me
I thought I was hiding
But oh how I fell for you

~Chris Rice, "Let the Words Escape"

*photo by LVL Photography

3 comments:

The VW's said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I'm so happy for you!

That's a great picture!

Have a great weekend!

Annette Gysen said...

Thanks Alicia!

Unknown said...

...happy anniversary...

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin