7/21/08

The Big Day



It came and went in a blur of excitement, laughter, tears, and romance, but I have to say (and I may be a little prejudiced here) that it was the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. And the reception was simply amazing! My good friend Judy offered her services photographing guests at the reception, and she got a few of Henry and me too. This is one of her favorites of the traditional cake cutting. We actually did this twice--once quietly before our professional photographer's time was up and then later on for our guests. We were fairly boring about it; neither Henry and I are fans of the smashing-the-cake-in-the face routine.

There were so many wonderful moments that I'll probably be blogging about my wedding of the century for weeks to come, so if you have a sensitive gag reflex, you may want to avoid the blog for awhile.

This photo actually occurred closer to the end of the day. The official start of the event was about 4:00 when all of the "girls" were getting ready at our house. We had already done the manicures and pedicures earlier that morning, had a lunch of Chinese together, and then Julie and I had our makeup done at Clinique while Elizabeth got her hair done, and Katie supervised. It was pretty much a perfect princess day--the kind that doesn't happen often.

Things were going quite well. The photographer, Leda, arrived at 4:00 and started taking some pictures of the preparations. She posted some of her favorites on her
blog. I'm so excited to see the rest of her work. So far, these are beautiful pictures!

And tune in next week for more of our wedding adventures!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Congratulations Henry & Annette! The LORD's blessings for a wonderful marriage, bringing glory and honour to His Holy name!

You both look so happy and beautiful in this picture!!

All the best,
Brenda

The VW's said...

Annette(& Henry),

I'm so glad that your day turned out perfect for you!

I just checked out the pictures on your photographer's site. What great pictures!!!

Congratulations and God's Blessings on your life together!

Alicia

Annette Gysen said...

Brenda,

Thanks! We are very happy. Hopefully you'll have some pictures like this, too. Have you been able to set a date yet?

Alicia,

Thanks! I'm so glad you and Joel could be there. It was a perfect day!

Jewels said...

Annette- I looked at the pix on your photographer's blog - sweet! It will be fun to see more of them. I know the feeling of being the bride at the most beautiful wedding ever. So awesome!

Annette Gysen said...

Thanks, Julia. Isn't it great that it's possible for everyone who gets married to have the most beautiful wedding ever?