1/26/09

Two



This week marks two years since I began my blog. And I said it would never last! Much has happened in the last two years, including romance, travel, and a wedding. To celebrate this momentous occasion, here's a little quiz of two's: titles and phrases with "two" or two-related words in them. Leave your answers in the comments, and we'll see how you do.

1. You could read this: one-humped Wumps, Mr. Gump, and Zeds.

2. When someone is a lot like someone else.

3. Can't you see how happy we would be . . . Picture you upon my knee.

4. It is a far, far better thing that I do than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

5. Short story collection by the author of The House of Seven Gables.

6. It is preferable to have a small but certain advantage than a mere potential of a greater one.

7. The White Rider, Faramir, and the Ents

8. Won't you pack your bags/We'll leave tonight

9. Julia, Silvia, Proteus, and Valentine

10. Urban Cowboy:quick, quick, slow, slow

While we can't see the future, thankfully, the next two years should bring lots of bloggable topics: another driver's license, a high school graduation, a college student . . .

Happy birthday, my blog!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay - I'll wade in:
1. 1 Fish, 2 Fish (red fish, blue fish)

2. Two of a kind

3. Tea for Two

4. Tale of Two Cities

5. Twice Told Tales

7. Two Tickets to Paradise

10. the Two Step

I could cheat and google the three I missed but that would hardly be celebratory....in fact, it would make your quiz TWO easy....

The VW's said...

Happy B-day Annette's blog! I've enjoyed reading!

allofgrace said...

congrats on your blog's 2nd b'day

Annette Gysen said...

Leah--Congrats! All of your answers except one are correct. And thanks to all of the birthday wishes!

Annette Gysen said...

Answers:
1. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
2. two peas in a pod
3. Tea for Two
4. A Tale of Two Cities
5. Twice Told Tales
6. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
7. The Two Towers
8. Two Tickets to Paradise
9. Two Gentlemen of Verona (there had to be a Shakespeare reference)
10. Texas Two-Step

Jewels said...

Happy B-day Head & Heart. Where have I been this week?