3/30/09

Easter Bonnets and Bowties



It was a busy and eventful weekend, starting with Thursday night, when the halls of South Christian High School were filled with The Sound of Music. Katie played Sister Bertha (she calls her the "crabby nun") and participated in a great rendition of "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?". This was her last performance in an SCHS production since she's graduating in May, so it was bittersweet. But I think it was her best (she's been in every play/musical since her freshman year), so she's going out on a high note (no pun intended).

And Friday and Saturday, Henry and I attended the Philadephia Conference on Reformed Theology, the third one we've attended together. The topic for consideration was justification, and the speakers, as always, gave us so much to think about, so many good insights on this amazing doctrine, and an ever deepening appreciation for the Reformed faith. The highlight for me was hearing and meeting one of my favorite author/theologians, Dr. Michael Horton.

So you'd think with all of that, this post would be filled with thought-provoking, inspiring content. But the other event of the weekend was a head cold, which has left me, on Monday, just trying to work my way through what has to be done, with not much energy left for creativity.

The Easter season is upon us (two weeks away!), and so hopefully this picture of two of my favorite little Easter bunnies (probably from around 1995) will accomplish for you what it did for me:

1. give you a smile
2. remind you that spring really will be here soon

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute are they?!?! She looks ready to stand up and play Anne of Green Gables.

The VW's said...

What a cute picture!!!

I'm so bummed that I didn't know that Sound of Music was their play this year! This is one I would have loved to see!!! I bet Katie did a wonderful job!

Hope your cold gets better!

Jewels said...

Cute pic Annette! I can't believe it's almost Easter already. We need Spring.