6/4/09

Obama Butters Them Up . . .

I very nearly didn't find a great stuff excerpt for this week, and with a graduation open house looming in my near future and requiring most of my attention, it didn't look good. And then my co-worker, who has an appreciation for sarcasm akin to my own, pointed me to this brief column in the New York Post by Charles Hurt. Although I'd love to post the whole thing, that probably wouldn't be legal, so I'll just give you a little taste, and you can click on the link to read the rest.

With his trademark humility, President Obama noted in his speech this morning that "change cannot happen overnight" and that one speech in Cairo -- even delivered by him -- will not bring about world peace.

Oh, snap!

But if world peace is attained by complimenting those on the other side into submission, he made some serious progress.

Obama really buttered them up in Cairo.

He thanked them for everything from algebra to the pen, though he curiously failed to mention that they often throw people in prison for using it.

He even went so far as to tell the audience that he considers "it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear."

Wow. That won't be the last time you hear that line.

And anyway, where exactly is that in the oath of office he took?


For those of you who are wondering, like me, when America became a Muslim nation and who have a deep appreciation for our president's "trademark modesty," be sure to read on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We used to have "Slick Willy" in office - now we need a new moniker..."Oily O"? "Oleo O"? There's something comedic and truthful somewhere in a name like 'Obama'...