4/3/10

Needing the Resurrection

One of the blogs I read this week asked its contributors to write, in a hundred words or less, why they need the resurrection. It sounded like a great writing/thinking exercise, so here’s my attempt:


Like Eve, I want the things I cannot have. And like Sarah, I sometimes doubt the promises of God’s Word. I often speak without thinking and say offensive things, like Peter. I grow impatient with others like Martha. And like Mary, I’ve stood by the side of loved ones as they’ve died. I’m one of the “none righteous” that Paul writes about. So I need to be made alive like Christ, raised up with him, so that I can bear the image of the man of heaven, so that I can have the victory—with him. I need the resurrection.

A blessed Resurrection Sunday to all! May you know your own need for Christ's resurrection--and know that that need has been overwhelmingly and powerfully met.

1 comment:

The VW's said...

Praise the Lord for this! What an enormous blessing!!!

Great job! Well said, and in 100 words or less!

Hope you are having a Blessed Easter! Love and Hugs!!