4/6/10

Shameless Plugs

Here are, admittedly, a couple of shameless plugs for two very creative, entrepreneurial ladies. The first is Miss Katie Selden, my very own red-headed daughter, who has just created a new website for her photography business. Katie has had a passion for photography for several years now, and even though she's all grown up and in college now, majoring in a sensible degree like Humanities with an English emphasis, she ultimately wants to be a photographer. (You'll have to ask her to explain, and you can probably do that if you go to her website or contact her on Facebook.) She's accepting appointments for prom photographs now, and she's even come up with her own idea, a take-off on the weirdly popular trash-the-wedding-dress concept: trash the prom dress. Be the first of your friends to have a trash-the-prom-dress portrait, but don't tell your mom!

My other plug is for an author that I've enjoyed working with on two book projects, Christy Bower. Christy's second book, Best Friends with God, which I edited, will be releasing soon, and Christy is planning a pre-release book party this Friday, April 9, at her blog and on Facebook. You can interact with her, and she even has a contest going to win a signed copy of her new book. Get the details on when/how to enter her contest and join the party at her blog. Christy is a great person and an excellent author--both my experiences working with her have been a lot of fun. So pay her a visit, and win a free book!

4 comments:

Christy Bower said...

Thanks for the shameless plug, Annette! And also for your kind words. I've enjoyed working with you, too.

I'm looking forward to the online party. I've already planned games, teasers, trivia, etc. It will be fun.

The VW's said...

We are looking forward to seeing Katie on Saturday and seeing her in action! Hopefully she knows what she's getting into....life at the VW house is crazy! :)

Unknown said...

My prom dress was trashed years ago but I have some other dresses I'd love trashing....I"m not sure it would make for a good photo spread though. You're a pretty blessed mom!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.