6/16/12

Happy Father's Day, Dad

Four generations: Dad, Katie, Annette, Grandpa Walborn

If you ever wondered where my lack of height came from . . . .

Even though he didn't give me at least 66 inches, he gave me many more important things: an example of hard work, excellence, the importance of living Christianly, music genes, and a love for pizza and homemade ice cream.

This is the man who would drive home about 13 miles after working hard all day, pick me up, and drive back about 40 miles (13 of which were the same miles he had just driven) to take me to piano lessons at Bowling Green State University's Creative Arts program for high school students. This is one of my favorite gifts. I still use it today. In fact, I should practice because I'm playing piano in church tomorrow. And he taught me that we never offer up music in worship that hasn't been thorougly practiced.

Happy Father's Day, Dad! You are a blessing!


No comments: