12/29/07

Welcome 2008!



There are a few lingering days of 2007 to enjoy, but I'm taking this opportunity to wish all my readers a happy new year! Thanks for reading and commenting in 2007, which has been a remarkable year for so many reasons. There are many exciting things happening in 2008 as well, and these are some of the things I look forward to, God willing:

1. Marrying Henry sometime during the summer and getting a new last name. Stay tuned for an actual date. Who knew that finding one would be so complicated?

2. Establishing a new home with Henry.

3. Going on vacation--with Henry!

4. Beginning the college search process with Katie as she enters her senior year (small tear).

5. Eighth grade graduation for Jonathan and then high school (small shudder).

6. Continuing in my work at Discovery House and learning more and more about editing and book publishing from my editing hero, J.

7. Finding out which two candidates get their party's nomination and hopefully seeing a true Republican become president.

8. Standing next to Jonathan, looking in the mirror, and seeing that he is taller than I am.

9. Stepping on the scale in a few months and seeing that I weigh significantly less than I do now. (There--I put it on my blog. Now everyone must hold me to it.)

10. Significantly reducing the clutter that fills way too much space in my current home.

And, of course, continuing to publish riveting accounts of my personal life here on Head and Heart and looking back at this post next year on December 31 and realizing, yet again, how very much I have to be thankful for.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust" (Psalm 90:1).

May you enjoy God's richest blessings of life, love, and happiness as you celebrate this coming new year!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Wow Annette, What a year ahead you have!!! How about fitting in a breakfast at Panerra in there :)?
That would be fun. Is this the end of blogging for '07?

Annette Gysen said...

Sounds good, Julia. Things should slow down a bit with the holidays now over--you know how it is. Let's definitely plan on an early Saturday in January. And this probably will be the last post for '07.