2/27/08

Survey Results

Thanks to all ten of you out there for responding to this important survey. Those of you who will be attending our wedding will be happy to know that in some small way, you might have helped to shape the day. And here are the results--some surprising, some not so much--from this well-researched, scientifically created wedding survey.

It seems that 9 out of 10 of you enjoy attending weddings. And I have a feeling I know which one of you responded negatively, H.G. (But you more than compensated for that negative response with your most romantic response to the one thing that would make the event enjoyable for you; we'll keep it between the two of us.)

It's a good thing that most of you would prefer to be eating hors d'ouerves and finger foods, because that's the plan. Even if all ten of you had selected fried chicken and potato salad, I don't think we would have changed our minds.

Most of you don't like having to wait at the reception while the bride and groom are photographed for several hours, although a significant number of you don't like the whole unity candle thing either. Not to fear--you will experience neither at the Selden/Gysen wedding.

And Target? Really??? Because I hate the Target gift registry. Usually by the time I get there to buy a gift, there's nothing left except the handheld can opener or the toilet cover. And no one picked Younker's? Because that is my personal favorite. And I may just have to choose it so that you all have to use it and come to realize that it's a far superior system to Target. I guess I can do both . . .

And thanks for the suggestions to make it a more enjoyable evening. I especially like the game at the table idea. Maybe we can find personalized playing cards with our picture or new address on the back. I also like the wedding party bio suggestion--it adds a little creative spirit to the wedding program. (And H.G.--yours was the sweetest--at least I hope that one was yours.)

And I have to tell you all that personalized jars of honey have become a real possibility. Although Katie's a little disappointed that the lip balm didn't win.

I'm not sure what songs you will hear at the wedding, but I do promise you that none of those mentioned will be heard.

And finally, thanks for sharing all of the good and bad things about your weddings. I'm really thinking that I will be echoing the person who said that it was a perfect day, and there was nothing he or she regretted.

Finally, I'm so glad that all ten of you agreed that the clinking of the glasses is a silly tradition and will not be in play at the Selden/Gysen wedding. We enjoy kissing each other, of course, but it does seem to get a little out of hand at most weddings. Maybe we should ask guests to pay for the privilege of seeing us kiss. That would probably slow things down.

Thanks again! I'm thinking there will be more surveys in the future of this blog.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Annette,

Since I too am attempting to plan A's and my wedding, I have to agree with you on things... the clinking of glasses as got to go ... and paying for kisses is a good idea ... i've been to a few weddings like that (Dutch coming out in us all!!!) In regards to your comment about playing cards with your address or something on it ... check out weddingchannel.com the store for that website sells them i think ...

hope you are having fun planning your special day! :)

Bren

Jewels said...

Annette - Good results!

Annette Gysen said...

Brenda--How are your plans coming? It's a lot more complicated than I expected. I thought I originated the idea of paying for kisses! We'll have to compare notes sometime.

Thanks, Julia. Take notes for me this weekend!